Tuition is paid on a monthly basis at Montessori Day School. All tuition payments are to be in the school office by the first of each month. Montessori Day School will accept post-dated checks. In the case of post-dated checks, we will not deposit them until the date that they are written for, or the next business day thereafter. Teachers will not accept payments. All payments must be brought to the school office.
A Return Check Fee
A $25.00 fee will be added to the amount owed on any returned check. Any fees we incur from the returned check will be passed on to the writer of the returned check in addition to the returned check fee. Unpaid returned checks and all related fees are processed for collection. Delinquent accounts will be processed for collection. We will take court action to recover funds owed. All fees related to collections will be passed on to that account.
There are no refunds or prorates made for missed school days, illness, school breaks, conference days, or holidays. The nonrefundable tuition deposit will be credited towards the month of May only. The registration fee is nonrefundable and is not credited.
We will not transfer records for families who have an outstanding balance on their account. All accounts must be paid in full in order for student records to be forwarded to new schools.
Verification of tuition paid will be available by December 31st. Accounts with outstanding balances will not be awarded tax verification until the balance owed is paid and the account is current.
Tuition is due on the first day of the month. Tuition payments that fall due on holidays or non-business days, such as weekends, should be paid prior to the first day of the month. If your payment is not received, we will assess a late fee of $20.00 to the tuition as of the second day of the month. Tuition not paid by the 15th of the month will receive a $50.00 late fee. Tardiness in payments will result in the discontinuation of services until the account is made current.
Registration for new students - $100.00
Registration for returning students - $25.00
Tuition Deposit – 1 month’s tuition, which will be credited to the last month of the school year (May).
Full Day/5 days per week
Monthly Tuition - $840
Annual Material Fee - $120
Enrichment/5 morning sessions + 3 afternoon sessions
Monthly tuition - $810
Annual Material Fee - $110
Half Day/5 days per week
Monthly Tuition - $420
Annual Material Fee - $100
Full Day/3 days per week
Monthly Tuition - $780 Annual Material Fee - $110
Half Day/3 days per week
Monthly Tuition - $390 Annual Material Fee - $90
Supportive Services Fees
Lunch Fee (1/2 day children) - $6.00 per day
Additional Sessions - $30 per day
Extended Care - $6 per hour (rated at $1.50 for each 15 minutes)
* Termination by the Family: When families decide to terminate their relationship with Montessori Day School, a one-month written notice to the Director(s) is required. We realize that not every situation is appropriate for every child. We will make every effort to discuss concerns with the family in order to determine the cause. Sometimes, we can help the child adjust to school routines and curriculum. If this is not possible, the family and or Director(s) may choose to terminate the arrangement on a timeline that best serves the child.
Termination by the School: As stated above, the child’s adjustment to the school and the appropriateness of this particular school for the individual child may cause concern for the child’s well being. If the staff and or Director(s) feel that it is in the best interest of the family to terminate services, then a conference will be held to discuss this option with the family.
We encourage families to give as much advance notice as possible. The child’s records will be forwarded to the new school upon request of that school, provided the account is in good standing.
Other Reasons for Termination include:
- Non-payment or inconsistent payment patterns
- Abusive behavior or verbal threats directed at school staff or others
- Families disciplining, in any way, children (other than their own) while at the school
- The child exhibits special needs that the school is not able to meet
- Chronic tardiness in arrival, departure, or chronic absenteeism
- By the decision of the Director(s) in the best interest of the school
Tuition and Withdrawals
Written notice must be given one month prior to any withdrawal. You will not be credited your tuition deposit in the event of withdrawal. Montessori Day School will recover any fees owed as well as any other legal judgments.